So, you are thinking of getting a Fraxel treatment in Colorado? Great – your skin will be entering in for a world of improvement!
However, before you get started with the treatment, there are certain points which must be considered before, during and after the Fraxel treatment in Colorado:
Before the Fraxel treatment:
• It is recommended that you should not be using oral steroids, Retinoids or Accutane in the last months.
• Fraxel is not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
• If you have a history of peri-oral HSV, then do let your physician know about it.
• For Patients with a darker skin tone, melasma or history of hyper pigmentation, medications can be prescribed to minimize the risk of hyper pigmentation post treatment.
• Avoid sun tanning and tanning booths for two weeks before the treatment.
• Do not take any laser or light-based treatments until the Fraxel Treatment is over.
• Avoid using irritating skin products which contain glycolic or salicylic acids for at least two weeks before the treatment.
The Fraxel treatment process:
• Fraxel treatments can be easily tolerated. However, your physician may prescribe some relaxing medications that can provide some comfort to you.
• Make sure you arrange an alternate transportation.
• Once you are prepared to get back to your home, make sure you arrange Ice Packs at home.
• Make sure you discuss the treatment plan with your physician. It is recommended to spend roughly 2 hours in doctor’s office for proper numbing, treatment and aftercare.
• After the treatment, it is suggested to use non-irritating skin products such as Neutrogena, Cetaphil, etc.
• Once you arrive, you will need to wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Afterward, the numbing cream will be applied. Then the Fraxel treatment will be started which will take about 30 minutes. Once the treatment is over, ice packs will be applied.
• Your physician may suggest topical skin care products and sunscreen according to your skin type after the completion of the treatment.
When Can I return to my normal activities after Fraxel Treatment?
- You can apply makeup after the treatment. However, do discuss with the physician about the make-up products.
- Most patients get back to normal work routine within 24 hours following the Fraxel treatment.
- Avoid swimming, saunas and vigorous exercise for at least one week.
- Do not use any skin products without discussing with your doctor.